Exogene is an early-stage biotechnology startup combining artificial intelligence (AI) and advanced high-throughput TCR screening techniques to revolutionise the treatment of solid cancers. Our pioneering AI platform can rapidly design high-affinity, highly specific T-cell receptors (TCRs) to develop TCR-based therapies.
Backed by VC investors like Selvedge Venture, LifeArc Ventures, R42 Group, KQ Labs, and Entrepreneur First, we’re at the forefront of transformative TCR-based therapeutic development.
Join Exogene as a dynamic Scientist where your drive and expertise will spearhead the refinement of our TCR engineering processes. You’ll play a crucial role in curating datasets to inform our AI algorithms, affirming our platform’s efficacy, and identifying promising TCRs. You’ll immerse in tasks ranging from purifying recombinant TCRs to performing groundbreaking high-throughput TCR display methods and deep sequencing.
Your contributions will bolster TCR-target disease connections and foster cutting-edge therapies through diverse research modalities such as cell line enhancement, mammalian cell culture, and assorted molecular biology techniques. We’re scouting for an agile learner—someone who thrives in collaboration, greets challenges with optimism, and shares an innate zeal for the intersection of AI and novel TCR therapies.
- Collaboratively design and characterise TCRs for proprietary and partnered disease targets.
- Conduct a suite of protein science operations, including expression, purification, and biophysical analysis.
- Tackle molecular biology duties: cloning, mutagenesis, DNA isolation, and preparing libraries for deep sequencing.
- Manage tissue culture assignments, spanning from media prep and cell line care to cryopreservation.
- Join forces with founders, R&D, academia, and industrial stakeholders to fulfill ambitious R&D objectives.
- Draft, revise, and oversee our repertoire of lab protocols.
- Offer essential lab support and uphold facility upkeep.
- Be a cultural cultivator, helping to nurture Exogene’s ethos.
Skills and Qualifications
- A PhD in Immunology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, or an alike field, paired with at least 1-2 years of relevant lab experience is required.
- Knowledge of basic molecular biology protocols, with an emphasis on cloning and PCR is preferred.
- A background in protein expression, purification and biophysical characterisation is preferred.
- Experience in bioorthogonal chemistry and bioconjugation is preferred.
- Experience in lipid nanoparticle formulation is preferred.
- Experience cell and immunological assays (flow cytometry, ELISA etc.) is desired.
- Experience NGS analysis pipeline (specifically data analysis using software such as R) is desired.
- SOP documentation experience is desired.
- The highest standards in lab precision, record maintenance, and documentation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A self-starter with sound analytical skills, who values scientific integrity and novelty.
- Collaborative spirit within the lab, open to both giving and receiving actionable feedback.
- Exceptional at diagnosing and overcoming unforeseen technical challenges.
- Adept at juggling and prioritising multiple projects to meet deadlines.
- Versatile and efficient within an interdisciplinary, fast-paced team setup.
What We Offer
- Market-competitive salary
- A generous leave policy: 25 days holiday, public holidays, plus a day off for your birthday!
- Access to our fully-equipped private lab within the BioEscalator complex.
- Flexibility to work from home as project demands allow.
- A supportive, cross-disciplinary team fostering a highly collaborative work environment.
How to apply
Launch your journey with Exogene by submitting your CV and a brief cover letter (maximum 400 words) to m.hasan at exogene.co.uk
Equal Opportunities Employer
Exogene is built on a multiplicity of perspectives. We’re an inclusive employer celebrating diversity, championing equal opportunities, and we actively encourage applications from all irrespective of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or disability status.