Exogene is an early-stage biotechnology startup enabling the discovery of T-cell-receptor(TCR)-based cell therapies for solid tumours and beyond, by combining artificial intelligence (AI) and high-throughput TCR screening. We’re building an AI platform to computationally screen entire patient-derived TCR repertoires and identify rare, anti-cancer TCRs for cell therapy applications against novel shared targets.
Our investors include Selvedge Venture, KQ Labs, and Entrepreneur First amongst others.
We are setting up our wet-lab assays to analyse the antigen specificity of T-cell receptors (TCRs). These assays will serve to generate training data and validate our AI algorithm predicting the antigen specificity of TCRs.
As a Principal Cell Biologist, you will lead the development of our cellular TCR analysis assays. Your work will involve culturing and transfecting mammalian cells, leveraging high-throughput TCR display techniques and deep sequencing to analyse the peptide specificity of TCRs from partnered and proprietary projects. You will be collaborating with our R&D team, our CTO, and our commercial partners to inform experimental design and ensure our AI algorithm becomes more powerful with each experiment. As the Cell Biology team grows in the next 12 months, you’ll have the opportunity to lead and manage additional team members to expand our TCR analysis capabilities.
Success in this role will be enabled by tight collaboration with the founders and measured by your ability to 1) generate reproducible cellular data on TCR antigen specificity, and 2) lead a small team of cell biologists as the company grows.
This is an opportunity to join the Exogene team at an early stage to help build and shape our technology and culture. You’ll be able to work from home when not actively doing lab work.
- You will analyse the antigen specificity of TCRs from partnered and proprietary projects using high-throughput TCR display techniques and deep sequencing.
- You will isolate and characterise CD8+ T cells from blood and tissue samples.
- You will be up-to-date with the most relevant academic research on analysing TCR antigen specificity.
- You will collaborate with the founders, our R&D team, our academic partners and our industrial partners to actively develop and execute R&D plans.
- You will contribute to manuscripts for peer-reviewed publications.
- You will contribute to further establishing and developing our company culture.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- PhD in Cell Biology, Immunology or similar with 2+ years industry or postdoc experience. Alternatively, MSc with 5+ years of relevant industry or postdoc experience.
- Hands-on experience isolating T cells from blood and tissue samples.
- Hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture (T cell culture desirable) and cell transfections.
- Hands-on experience with multiparametric flow cytometry, including panel development and troubleshooting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal – able to communicate technical information to a non-specialist audience.
- Excellent organisational and documentation skills.
Nice To Have
- Prior experience with high-throughput TCR and/or pHLA display techniques.
- Prior experience in basic molecular biology techniques including cloning and PCR.
- Prior experience with cloning and producing TCR and pHLA molecules in mammalian and bacterial expression systems.
- Prior experience with deep sequencing, using e.g. Illumina NextSeq1000 or MiSeq.
- Prior experience with biochemistry techniques, e.g. protein purification using the AKTA system.
- Relevant peer-reviewed publications.
How to Apply
- Please send your CV and a cover letter (max 400 words) to email@example.com.
- Applications will be reviewed on a first-come first-served basis.
Equal Opportunities Employer
At Exogene, we believe in getting as many points of view as possible – we support and celebrate diversity in our workforce, and we hire and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org